International team of German, Swedish, Polish and Lithuanian partners received financing and started 3 year project "Clean Tech International". The kick of the meeting will take place in Rostock at 7-8th September 2016.
The Cleantech approach has been successfully established in many European regions for the benefit of companies from the sector. In the South Baltic Regions, this bringing different green business sectors together under this "roof" is still in its infancy stage and urgently needs promotion to ensure a lasting competitiveness of the region and its companies, mainly the SME. Accordingly, the project aims to establish an SB-wide Cleantech cooperation structure (focus on 4 sectors in the beginning) for SME involvement, based on 10 efficient, newly developed support tools. These are the following:
1. Database with expressive company profiles for matchmaking with potential customers and cooperation partners
2. Cleantech market investigation structure, providing clear and comprehensive market information to the SME
3. Cross-border exchange format "Cleantech Talk": Direct meeting of players from the partner countries on virtual basis
4. Cleantech company study trips to partner regions, incl. visits to cooperation partners and relevant customer(s)/networks
5. South Baltic Cleantech conference + exhibition support services, regularly implemented from 2017
6. Joint SB Cleantech Network presentation on the main fairs, conferences + networking events (EU, global)
7. Webinar comprising of 5 modules towards preparing Cleantech SME for international market activities
8. Project development workshops for cross-border Cleantech projects/cooperations
The partner network combines profound business development and cooperation with Cleantech, event development and training expertise. These partners will not only establish the network and support tool system, but also act lastingly as Cleantech contact points, i.e. interface between the own region and companies, cooperation partners and potential customers from partner regions and beyond. Furthermore, they will take care to regularly present the partner network on relevant events of global importance, like fairs and conferences.